Monday, October 24, 2011

I've got the Blues





The Hydrangea ... so full, so pretty, so romantic! It fits into all styles from country, to Victorian and even into contemporary. They may be in our gardens just in the summer time but you will find them in our cooler all year round. This past several months I have noticed a trend happening with the hydrangea ... and it is Blue.

Blue and purple are a popular colour combination for the weddings this year and as the designer I had to suggest something that would complement the Brides' bouquet of blue hydrangea. There are very few true blue flowers available especially in our area which poses a problem sometimes. As I have always said "Florists are Illusionists" .... and so keeping that in mind I began my quest to design the best Bride's Maid bouquets for my first Blue and Purple wedding this year.

The loyal carnation came to my rescue! It is a "fluffy" flower and round wh
en fully opened which is the complementary shape to the hydrangea. I didn't want the Bride's Maid bouquet to be over powering - after all - it is the Bride whom every must be looking at ;) After a conversation with one of my suppliers describing to him exactly what I envisioned the answer was to dye the white carnation. Don't get squeamish .... I know that you are thinking about the blue dyed rose ..... this carnation will be carefully watched and the dying action will come to a full stop when the soft blue of the hydrangea is matched. With careful craftsmanship he produced the most perfect blue carnation that looked stunning in the wedding party.

Loved the colours of this wedding! If you are needing this special "blue" flower, let me know with lots of time as it is a procedure to produce and needs a couple of days for the whole process.... but it's worth it.


You can see more pictures of this wedding and other arrangements using blue flowers by following us on facebook.com/manotickfloristsandgifts or on our website www.manotickflorists.com


2 comments:

  1. Nice Tips. Thanks for sharing.

    Regards,
    Jack
    SEO Analyst
    SEO Services Chennai| SEO Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks

    very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a

    fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have

    learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon.

    Thanks you.



    Chennai Florists

    ReplyDelete