Thursday, July 5, 2012

More Than Just a Pretty Vase

Decluttering is a great activity for a rainy day at home – like the rain, it cleans and refreshes the air. That is what I decided to do the other day with the mantle in my bedroom that holds my jewelry and cherished trinkets. Jewelry, as every woman knows, can get out of hand – crawling out of their boxes, tangled into piles resulting in a “I want to wear it but where did it go?” or “I’ll deal with that mess tonight and wear it tomorrow” syndrome. Well, tomorrow finally came and I dealt with it ….

When I finished sorting, polishing, rediscovering and admiring each piece, I wanted to “display” my cherished pieces in a way that was convenient to use and looked pretty. I searched through the Pinterest pages and fellow bloggers to see what inspirations might be out there. Found some great ideas but just didn’t quite fit. I walked around my home looking at objects with another perpective – thinking “ bracelet – bracelet holder …”

A-HAH! Bud vases! - I found a couple of bud vases tucked in my cupboard that were my Mother’s. Remember that Pinwheel crystal design of lead crystal our parents collected? We all have a couple of pieces that we inherited tucked away. Well … pull them out and give them a new purpose. They work really well to hold your collection of bracelets and guys.. your watches. For a funkier looked I used a white milk glass vase – I may stick an artificial gerbera flower to take it up a funkier notch! If you don't have one that matches your decor, come into the shop, we have bud vases of different colours, shapes and sizes.


Pull out your vases – give them a new purpose. A vase is not “just a pretty vase”

No comments:

Post a Comment