Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wedding Bamboo Arrangements



I discovered this morning that my bamboo plants had new sprouts that were now ready to break away on their own. It was eight years ago today that I had the beautiful vase arranged with a dozen stems of lucky bamboo, ivy and curly willow on the receiving table at my wedding.



Ivy – commitment

Willow – joy

Water - purity and fertility

Stones – stability

3 Bamboo stems - Fu (Happiness), Lu (Wealth) and Soh (Longevity)


Our guests loved them and for a couple of years later, they would tell me that they still had our gift. I still have my vase, now down to two stalks but they are double the length and now have a baby plant. I still have one of the rectangular vases and stones so I planted the baby sprout in it ... today - our anniversary

Bamboo is fun and easy to grow. The most important care you can give your bamboo is the right amount of water and to keep the plant, rocks and vases clean. They perk up any room and you can enjoy changing the vases and giving them a fresh look every week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment